House Call Newsletter: Health News You Can Use
Doc's Favorite Cold/Flu Treatment
When I get a cold, a sore throat, or that horrible flu feeling, I NEVER reach for Tylenol Cold & Flu or any other over-the-counter product! Instead I reach for my wool socks!
Wool socks?!?! What?!?! Yes, it's true. This month I am going to share with you my favorite cold and flu treatment. It is so effective it has been known to stop a cold or the flu dead in its tracks if done immediately when you notice you aren't feeling well.
Want to know what this powerful cold & flu treatment is and how to use it?
It is called the Wet Socks Treatment. Here are the directions for implementing this killer cold remedy!
WET SOCKS TREATMENT
The wet sock treatment is best if repeated for three nights in a row, or as instructed by your physician.
What health problems does the Wet Socks Treatment work for?
You can use it for a sore throat or any inflammation or infection of the throat, neck pain, ear infections, headaches, migraines, nasal congestion, upper respiratory infections, coughs, bronchitis, and sinus infections.
Here are the supplies you will need...
1 pair white cotton socks, 1 pair thick wool socks, towels, warm bath or warm foot bath
1. Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them completely with cold water. Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip. You can place them in the freezer while you complete the step #2 if you would like to intensify the treatment.
2. Warm your feet first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful if your feet are not warmed first. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water for at least 5 -10 minutes or taking a warm bath for 5 -10 minutes.
3. Dry off feet and body with a dry towel.
4. Place cold wet socks on feet. Cover with thick wool socks. Go directly to bed and make sure you are tightly wrapped in warm blankets. Avoid getting chilled.
5. Keep the socks on overnight. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning.
What are the effects of the Wet Socks Treatment?
This treatment acts to reflexively increase the circulation and decrease congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head, and throat. It has a sedating action and many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment. This treatment is also effective for pain relief and increases the healing response during acute infections.
Test it out and avoid your next cold, sore throat, or flu!
To Your Optimal Health,
P. S. Another helpful remedy I recommend is to have a copy of my latest book, House Call: How Ordinary People Have Extraordinary Health, on hand. This book walks you along the path of health and wellness step by step. Click HERE to order your copy today for only $19.95!
Copyright © 2008 Melissa M. Dawahare, ND, PLLC. All Rights Reserved.